Sunday, January 10, 2010

Savor the flavor...






It is the last day of winter break before school starts and I felt I needed a word blog. For the 2 1/2 people who pay attention to this blog that is a good thing. You will no longer have to see the inside of my house and listen to me mumble about what I am doing to entertain myself. Now you will get to see great places like; the inside of my office at ISU, the highway on the way to my office...that is about it.

My schedule for next semester is pretty good. I have to be at ISU Monday and Wednesday. My one class is from 2-3:30, so I will have plenty of time to get there. The class is advanced research methods (which I think is one of the more interesting subjects on the planet). I am also working diligently (sort of) on my dissertation, it is a grind. In addition, I teach a class at UNI on Monday night. It is basically the psychology of relationships. I am always striving to integrate media into the classroom (be it web-clips, dvds, or quizzes from "Cosmo"), so if the one person reading this has any ideas (I have shown Cheaters clips, Bachelor clips, 30 days, etc...) please let me know.

I am also applying for jobs. It is a daunting prospect, but I am excited to hopefully get some interviews. I love universities. I enjoy the teaching, the research, and interacting with all the people involved. It is my goal to get a faculty position somewhere. Though, if I have to piece together adjunct positions, research assistant positions, and part-time Starbucks employment for the time being I will not complain (everyone has to get their foot in the door somehow).

Finally, my new semester schedule is allowing me to get back to Jiu Jitsu 4-5 times a week (I was only going twice a week last semester). I am pretty pumped about that. I think Elaine has signed me up for a half marathon in the spring. It is a rock-n-roll half marathon in Chicago. I have always wanted to try R'n'R so that is exciting. She may have signed me up for a half ironman triathlon too (her and Dan were trying to convince me to do one on New Years eve). I am not totally against the idea, but my plate is pretty full right now, and training for a half marathon is time consuming (the bike especially).

Other than that my life is pretty "business as usual." I hope everyone has a great spring semester. Keep checking back on this page, as I will post more video clips of my last few months as a graduate student.












Happy break,
Bill and the pests

No comments:

Post a Comment