Monday, July 26, 2010

The crap-a-lier's swan song...

Today we  donated my 2001 cavalier to an organization that fixes up old cars for women and their families. My parents bought the cavalier for me when I moved to Kansas City (I had to trade my parent my sweet Oldsmobile Achieva for the Cavalier). It had about 70k miles on it when I got it and the odometer read 130,922 when I dropped it off today. My wife and I have affectionately called it the "crap-a-lier" but it really has been a good car for me over the past 4 years. It got me back and forth to Kansas City, and I drove it back and forth to Ames over the course of graduate school. Since I am defending in a little under a month and then moving to Denver (within a few days of my defense), we decided it was time to get rid of it (so it wasn't sitting around in our driveway). I hope it provides hours of sweaty, non-air conditioned driving fun to whomever receives it. Enjoy the documentary of us donating it.

Pre-drive:



Driving to drop it off:



Lost trying to find where to drop it off:



Finally, it is dropped off at Gear Head Ministries:

1 comment:

  1. how sad & liberating all at the same time! are you walking/biking around Denver? when do you move?

    ReplyDelete