Sunday, September 19, 2010

Heavy Breathing....

So yesterday I decided that I would take a hike in the Colorado wild. My boss suggested I try out the Jefferson County Open space . They have tons of places to hike, but I decided I would check out Elk Meadow Park . Why Elk Meadow Park you ask? Because, the Bergen Peak trail had the largest altitude gain and you can see Mt. Evans, Pikes Peak, and the Continental Divide from the peak. So, I packed my stuff and took off in the morning to see what I could see. The following pictures tell the story of my ascent.

Beginning the journey
Trail Head
Overlook Area
More Overlook



This is a video I shot at that actual overlook (I have no clue if the stuff I point out in this video is correct:
 


The trail goes through a wildlife preserve
Almost to the top

These are pictures from the top







This is how I feel about being at the top...

Here is my video from the top....I have no idea if the mountain ranges I pointed out are the correct ones...



I ran some of the way up and ran most of the way down. It was a good workout and today I can barely walk because my legs are so sore.

2 comments:

  1. It looks so pretty from the top ! I can see why your legs are tired today . You commented on eating a peanut butter sandwhich... I have found when I have eaten a peanut butter sandwhich I have alot of energy ! I bet Dad will get the itch to want to hike ! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Billy that looks like fun, wish I could've done it with you. Dad

    ReplyDelete