Friday, January 21, 2011

Learning to love coffee again...

So I recently realized a few things about myself:
  1. I spend a lot of money on caffeine related drinks (e.g., pop, crystal light energy)
  2. I am fairly incapable of functioning with out caffeine.
Why does this matter? Well I decided on my way back from Iowa that I should quick drinking caffeine to save money and be more healthy. It did not work out well at all. I crashed like the Hindenburg. I had been drinking a crystal light energy everyone morning and like 4 -12 ounce cans a day. It was an ill-conceived plan.

After my horrible failed experience I decided I would tweak my approach. I decided to compromise. I am attempting to drink less caffeine, however I am allowing myself coffee (as long as I make it or get it from my apartment building). I have always loved coffee. Since I went to Ireland I had been a daily coffee drinker, until I discovered crystal light energy. Almost all the way through college (undergrad) I only drank coffee as my soul source of caffeine. I don't know when I transitioned from coffee to crystal light and pop.  Even in grad school I was the en-actor of  our departmental coffee hour. Usually "coffee hour" was me sitting by myself drinking coffee in the lounge while a majority of my friends made excuse for not coming (except Jay Peck, Nancy Peck, and Molly Luchtel).

The good news about my new coffee rule is that my apartment allows me all the free coffee I can drink! It is pretty good coffee too! So, that is the big news in my life. Like I posted last time, I had been feeling really down last week. I think when you are down it is the little things you have to focus on that make you happy. So, for now I am enjoying my coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment