Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Butler should have done it....

I am keeping up with my once a month blogging quota! I refuse to start off blogs with, "So I have written anything for awhile."

Elaine and I have been enamored with the NCAA tournament the last few weeks. It is by far Elaine's favorite sporting event, and I must confess, I don't mind it too much either. I was bummed that Butler couldn't pull it off. I was really hoping they were going to get over the hump. However, I feel as if they imparted a good life lesson during the championship game. That lesson being; sometimes, you can't hit the toilet no matter how hard you try. For anyone who watched Butler attempt to make baskets, you were painfully privy to what I am talking about.

In other news, I (and several colleagues) presented at the National Training Institute this weekend. It was a big honor to present with some of the best known people in the field of social emotional development (e.g., Phil Strain, Barbara Smith, Lise Fox, Mary-Louis Hemmetar, to name a few). The work they do surrounding effective interventions for children with challenging behaviors and promoting social emotional development is simply amazing. Our session was well attended and we got good feedback. Unfortunately, it was in Florida during a week of rain. As a result, I did not get much time in the sun and am still rather white.

Finally, I am working diligently (expect for right now when I am blogging) on getting my summer course ready. It is in a topic I have never taught, so I feel like I need to over prepare. What is that saying, "Fail to prepare, prepare to fail." In addition, it will be the first time I have taught graduate students, so I will be interested in how that plays into teaching. I think they will enjoy the course.

That is it, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment