Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tipping point...

So I think I have finally plugged away at my dissertation enough to the where my analysis finally worked. I had been running into one stupid little problem after another (which I hear is how research with large national datasets tends to work). But as of yesterday I got my large model to run. I am pretty sure I did it right, but I am meeting with the stats professor on my committee to make sure I in fact figured it out. If I did run it correctly then I uncovered a relationship where parent-child relationship was mediating the relationships between depression and aggressive behaviors. More plainly put, maternal depression does not in and of itself lead to poor behavior outcomes in children, rather it negatively influences how children and parents interact which then influences aggressive behaviors in children. I realize that may seem like a *duh* statement, however, the type of data and analysis I utilized has not really been conducted on that relationship. (pause for the nerds in the room to applaud my brilliant feat) Well that is it, I am going to back to the lab (computer lab, but it still sounds cool) to run more analysis. If you are in McKay for some reason stop by and bother me.

No comments:

Post a Comment