Sunday, November 7, 2010

Rocky Mountain High

This Saturday my postdoc bosses were nice enough to take myself and Amanda out to snow shoe/hike near Vail pass. It was great to have people who know the area take us out and show us around. Also, they had snow shoeing gear, so we didn't have to rent it. They brought their dogs along and they were very entertaining. It was a beautiful day (50ish degree Fahrenheit) and I think we were pretty fortunate we got the experience. Below are some pictures of the day. We had to push one of the cars out which was an adventure. Then we ate at the Alpine Valley Health foods store. I had the vegetarian sandwich and it was great. 
Getting ready to hike

Hiking

View from trees after I went to bathroom

More picturesque hiking

P.S. taking in the scenes and a sandwich

Walking back to the car. B.S. and Sunny trudging away.

Driving home down the muddy slick road.

View out the window

More downhill driving

Mike and Abby pooped out after the adventure. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful scenery pictures Bill, did you get any altitude sickness? I hope not. Luv Dad

    ReplyDelete